Pages

1.12.08

what a week.

my table for Thanksgiving; Leah, Will, and me.

hello all, i hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great. I know that for me it was very nice (and very tasty!)... i made another thankful tree for Thanksgiving day in the church coffee bar, Hannah asked me too. it was a lovely tree and it was lots of fun to make. actually i think they kept it and it's now in the student cafe... interesting. haha. i guess most people liked the whole idea of a thankful tree... perhaps the tradition has gone international? that's cool. (:

So after we ate dinner a handful of us took of for the next great adventure... an Anathallo concert in Offenbach! it was uh-mazing... to say the least. i felt so inspired walking away... but still knowing that i'm not that good. haha, it was a really great show. i'm so thankful i had the opportunity to go. My Saturday was filled with train rides. Another group of us went to Belgium! that was a blast as well. (: we spent about 5 hours on a train which was interesting to say the least... there's a ton of people traveling on the weekends cause of the Christmas markets and such. but the train into Belgium was fairly smaller and less people were on it. We went to a place called Liege (i think...). I learned how to count to ten in French, that was cool. I had a waffle... that was pretty amazing. seriously though... it was the best waffle i've ever eaten. pretty much. I was going to go on a Ferris Wheel, but my "friends" wouldn't let me or Melissa go on it cause it was too expensive. and yes, i suppose €3 is a lot for a ferris wheel ride... i dunno, it would of been cool. anyways, after that we went to Köln  and spent about an hour and half there. just kind of walking around the Christmas market and such. I got Starbucks, a dark cherry chocolate latte'. mmm, it was delicious. we got home around 11:30 and when we walked into the Villa it was all decorated for Christmas. and on the girls floor we had an advent calendar that Melli made us counting down to the last day of the semester... it was pretty cool. 

the main attraction... Anathallo.



Belgium!
(from L-R: Izzy, Will, Tamiko, me, and Melissa.)

Melissa was so excited to get some "Barbe papa" (cotton candy in French), she learned how to say it over a month ago 
and has been dreaming about eating it in Belgium.
it was pretty much the best weekend ever.


No comments: