Pages

25.11.08

my family will be so proud.

so Thanksgiving stands right before my face... what to do. what to do? it doesn't feel like Thanksgiving at all! it's all icy and snowy outside... mom's autumn decorations aren't out... i'm not even sure what food i'll eat... i'm not even in America for crying out loud!... but you know what. haha. i'm still thankful. i'm so thankful that i get to experience the beautiful changes of the season-something i've always wanted to do- i've gone sledding, had a snowball fight, and seen snowflakes fall on my mittens. i get to eat really good food everyday, and a banana today! AND i get to spend this amazing holiday in a foreign country... the first foreign country i've ever been in! with some pretty amazing people that i've had the privilege of getting to know over the past 3 months. God is so good... and in just a couple days i can start listening to Christmas music. :) but while on the subject of being thankful, my roommate Melissa and I made a thankful tree to surprise our 2 other roommates (Laura and Sabine). 












...and yes, it says that i am thankful for "my dog". cause when i finally do get one i'm going to be so thankful. and the verses that I used on the tree stump is Psalm 100. (read it...) Anyways, Thanksgiving dinner is Friday at 2:00 p.m. and we're going to be taking our class photo. so we get to dress all shnazzy. 

I can't believe it's only three more weeks until I leave... it's gone by so fast. I'm really excited to go home, but it'll be bittersweet.... like always. it'll be good though. 

so I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! remember to truly give thanks to our God, 

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen." 

No comments: