Pages

8.9.10

day off!

hello.

well, today i had the day off... and surprise, surprise, i woke up sick. ): sore throat, head congestion, and runny nose. fun. fun. fun. anyways, i decided to come to church tonight cause i hate being at home all alone at night. i scare myself sometimes, my mind gets the best of me. so i'm at church right now listening to Caleb practice worship with the band. But a lot has been going on lately and i wanted to update all of you on these changes! sound exciting? keep reading...


late last month my parents called all of us to the house for a "family meeting." my dad sat us all down and began to tell us that for the past few weeks they had been praying over an amazing opportunity. Our current Pastor, Dominic Done, has been accepted to go to Oxford, England (where he's from) to continue his education and studies in theology. It's an incredible opportunity for him! So with much prayer and consideration Pastor Dominic asked my dad to step up as the new pastor. My dad is currently the worship pastor and one of the elders at the church, we as a family have been serving at Calvary Chapel South Maui for about 6 years. It's soooo exciting! My mom has always said that she's known that my father is called to be a pastor... we just never knew in what timing it would all come about. of course, my dad won't be continuing as the worship leader but over the past year God has been preparing Caleb to step up and fill the position. craziness. so now i'm married to the worship leader. (: and my dad is the Pastor! hehe. 


please keep my family and the body of Christ in your prayers through this transition. It's an amazing time that I know God has complete control over but when God sees something as good the enemy wants to taint and stir up commotion. So just pray that love and understanding would fill the body and everything would transition smoothly.




you can go to the church website here to hear Pastor Dom's message: calvarymaui.com

2 comments:

Alisha Wisener said...

That is so exciting and wonderful! God has such a beautiful way of preparing people to fill roles and moving everyone in sync. I love it!

And I love you Pom!

Sharon said...

love you too pom! and thanks, it is encouraging to hear other peoples response!