Pages

4.1.09

mmmkay.


time for another update, i suppose. :)

life back in Maui is slow... i like the island life but still it's so hard to escape from that island fever. but, it's beautiful here, the weather is great, the wind is blowing softly, the palm trees are swaying... hmm. oh, it's also whale season! all the whales swim down from the cold waters up in alaska to the warm shallow waters  that lie between the islands; they come to make babies and give birth. sometimes we go on boats to go "whale watching". that's always fun, but it's only once in awhile every other season... they come between November to May. it's super cool cause your just at the beach, chilling, tanning, no big deal.... and then... all of the sudden... a ginormous 40 foot whale jumps out of the ocean! cwazy cwazy. i was thinking to grab my telephoto lens next time i go to the beach and try to snap a few shots. (: that'd be rad! the photo is from last year (2008)  around february? end of january? something like that. it's a momma whale and a baby whale. 

anyways, there's not much to update on. i'm considering starting chuck tracks soon... maybe... considering... we'll see how ahead i get before the semester starts.... wishful thinking. (; other than that i've recently become slightly addicted to the game bejeweled on my itouch. it's a fun game. haha. oh, and tomorrow marks the official "job hunting" day. wish me luck! i don't want to go back to work at Ruby's... so don't ask. (: 

3 comments:

andrea k. said...

i know! you could be a part time whale photographer, and a part time worship leader with me in the greater european region. just commute.
miss you!!

Tamiko said...

Haha, I am also dreading the fact that I will have to find a job again. One year vacation throws me off.

Anyways, I will be back home in Okinawa on Saturday. I still have mixed feeling about it though...

As for Chuck-san. You should start and get at least half done and enjoy your last semester!

Tamiko said...

Hey mikan. I don't have your e-mail address and you seemed to have deleted your myspace too. So e-mail me at tamiko_m14@hotmail.com so I can send you my address ne.